Recourse on a private party for selling a vehicle

Продам что-нибудь ненужное.

Модераторы: Bad Ass, Nitro

Recourse on a private party for selling a vehicle

Новое сообщение Jennermack » Ср июн 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi,

I bought a 2004 Avalanche in September, It was a great deal on paper and seemed to be a great truck.On the first long trip from Detroit to Ann Arbor. A check engine light came on. Well this is odd, I was told that it got all of it's service check ups and it only has 45,000 miles on it and it feels like it's missing. It's an environmental leak, according to Autozone.So I take it to a local Chevrolet dealer, they want $1500 to diagnose it. BUT they said this vehicle has already been here for that issue, and it needs a new cylinder head.
Had a mechanic at my church take a look and he concurred. As a result of poor maintenance, the trucks valve seals, and valve guides are worn and need to be replaced. He also stated that there is no way that they didn't know and it looks like they used every trick in the book to disable the SES and sell it. The use of "engine honey" and other additives is easily noticeable and the OBD has been reset 17 times, none by use.What recourse do I have with a private seller who misrepresented $3,500 in repairs in Michigan.I am going to write an FYI email and see if they're willing to help without going to small claims or a lawsuit, but i don't see that going anywhere.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic ... 23&t=47559
Weather Forecast Video

Thank you.
Jennermack
Купил перчатки. Я - гонщик!
Купил перчатки. Я - гонщик!

ФИО: jenner
Место жительства: Adger
Помещение: 2
Проекты: sector 2
Чем работаешь: car